In this video, I go over the simple steps to learning EFT. As I said in a recent post about this simple but powerful energy technique, you can use EFT to help you let go of practically any issue that is bothering you. It works for negative emotions, limiting beliefs, painful past experiences, and even a variety of physical symptoms.
What Is EFT?
I also have a video that talks more about what EFT is from my perspective. If you’d like to watch that, here’s the link: So What Is EFT Anyway?
A Quick EFT Reference for You
I cover all of the following in the How to Do EFT video above, but here is a simple outline that you can use as a reference:
1. Identify the issue you want to address. Come up with a short phrase to describe it and be as specific as you can. This is what we call the reminder phrase. An example might be: This anxiety about my job interview.
2. Give it an intensity rating on a scale of 1 to 10, one being the least intense and 10 being the most intense.
3. Say the setup phrase three times as you rub on the tender spot or tap on the karate chop point. Here’s the structure: Even though I have (state the issue), I deeply and completely love and accept myself.
4. Tap on the seven key acupressure points on your face and body as described in the video as you say the reminder phrase.
5. As you tap on the karate chop point on the side of your hand, restate the setup phrase and add a positive affirmation. I use something like this: Even though I have (state the issue), I deeply and completely love and accept myself. And I choose to let go of (this issue) now and let myself feel unconditional well-being.
6. Take a deep breath and re-check on the intensity of the issue.
So that’s one round of the basic EFT process. If the intensity is going down, do another round of EFT and continue until you get the rating down to one or zero. If it doesn’t go down, do the Nine Gamut Procedure as I describe in the video between rounds.
And that’s all there is to it. A lot of times, persistence is the key to success with EFT. Just stick with it and you will make progress.
Trust Your Inner Wisdom
Just follow your intuition as well as you’re doing EFT. The issue you’re working on may shift, the emotion may change, or you may have some past memory emerge. Trust that this is your inner guidance showing you what you need to tap on to fully let go of this issue. I’ll go into this more in a future video post, but I just wanted to touch on it here.
I’d Love to Hear Your Questions or Experiences
If you have any questions or would like to share your experience with this video or with EFT, please leave me a comment below or here. I’d love to hear from you.
Thanks for visiting. I love sharing EFT and I’m so glad to be able to share this wonderful technique with you here.
To learn more about my EFT-based self-help program, click here: