So you’re trying to figure out what you should do with your life, right? When it comes down to it, there really are just a couple of possible reasons why you’re having difficulty with this question. And for each one, there are a few ways to go about discovering what it is that you should be doing with your life.
First, the issue may be that you actually do know what you want to do but you just haven’t given yourself permission to trust this instinct and embrace what you are being inspired to do. The other alternative is that you are feeling a desire for a more fulfilling life, but you truly haven’t yet discovered what really inspires you.
Either way, the starting point for both is the same. First, you must give yourself permission to really explore the possibilities for your life. To begin, ask yourself what would truly be fulfilling and satisfying to you. I’ll give you five simple questions below to help you answer this question for yourself.
But Read This First…
The key here though, is to give yourself permission to play with the questions I’m going to ask you in a moment. No judgments are allowed. What I mean by that is, you’re not allowed to knock something down just because you think it’s “impossible,” unrealistic, that your family wouldn’t approve, that you can’t really make money doing it, that you don’t see where your answer is taking you, etc. So before you answer these questions, promise me that you will do your very best to write down everything that comes to mind no matter what you think of it, no matter how realistic you think it is, no matter whether you think it’s silly or insane or whatever. Just write it down. If you need to, do some tapping on the resistance and then answer the questions. Okay, as soon as you agree, you’re ready to get started.
Discover What Your Heart is Calling You To Do
Answer the following questions and let yourself play around with them and just have fun.
1. What are your favorite things to do? Make a list of everything you do that you really enjoy doing. Write down your hobbies and all the things you really love spending time doing in your time off. Include things you’ve enjoyed in the past that you may not have time for right now as well.
2. What kind of books and magazines do you like to read? What kind of topics do you like to spend time exploring on the Internet? What kind of TV shows do you really like? Look for general themes in these things that point you to your key interests.
3. Is there something that you have always wanted to do but you never gave yourself permission to do it because you thought it was unrealistic, impossible, or that you weren’t good enough to do it? Think back and give yourself permission to just write those dreams down.
4. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
5. What would you do with your life if you won the lottery? After you bought all the stuff you want and took a few awesome vacations, what would you do with the many years of life that you have before you? Without the pressure of having to make a living, what would you want to do with your life?
Okay, there are a lot of other questions you could ask yourself to get yourself started in this process. My self-help program includes these and shows you a number of additional ways to get clear about what your heart is calling you to do. But these will get you moving in the right direction and may uncover an answer for you. Look over your answers and look for themes, look for clues about what you really want to do. Often, the answer will become very clear as you look at your answers to this exercise.
If you still feel stumped after exploring these questions, perhaps you need to give yourself permission to further discover and explore what really might inspire you. In my next post, I’ll talk about a powerful way to get clarity about your options and then whether the career that you’re considering will really fulfill you.
Remember to Use EFT for Any Resistance
Remember though, once you have some clarity about what you want to do, it’s likely that there will be negative beliefs, resistance, and anxieties that arise within you. EFT is a wonderful tool to release these. Again, my program includes 22 EFT processes to help you do just that. You can learn more about my program at Your Inspiring Life.
I hope these questions have been helpful to you. Let me know if you have any comments or questions by leaving me a reply to any post on my blog. Blessings and I’ll see you next time.